I have met and heard the tragic stories of many parents. PA is a function, by and large, of a custodial ex-partner, although some alienation can start while the couple is still together.

This blog is a story of experiences and observations of dysfunctional Family Law (FLAW), an arena pitting parent against parent, with children as the prize. Due to the gender bias in Family Law, that I have observed, this Blog has evolved from a focus solely on PA to one of the broader Family/Children's Rights area and the impact of Feminist mythology on Canadian Jurisprudence and the Divorce Industry.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Comments on Heather Mallick's column on CBC News

CBC News A Mighty Wind blows through Republican convention I had never heard of Mallick before today. She has been operating in the underbrush of our wonderful country as well as getting into print recently in the UK Guardian. I find it odd she should call herself a feminist. A feminist by definition is someone seeking equality. Even though I am a man I too must be a feminist - but - Mallick, by virtue of her invective is outside of my understanding of the word. There are are other terms used to describe the destructive side of a woman toward others. Some use radicalfems, feminazis, redfems, (left wing marxist types) fembot, and I invented one for those women who just hate men - misanderfems. This keeps those wanting to be called a feminist, given its true meaning, a less derogatory term. Mallick clearly has issues that are deeply personal. That she uses derogatory terminology like "white trash", to describe people is regrettable. I've posted a few items on Sarah Palin and her husband on my pair of blogs. One of the interesting ones is near and dear to my heart related to shared and equal parenting. I don't agree with all her views on politics and, more particularly religion, but I have to say she is one dynamic, interesting and challenging change agent. I'm not certain feminist is even in her vocabulary. She is a high achieving person and I give her my respect and admiration if not agreement on all the issues. That we are able to agree to disagree is part of our cultural dynamic in a free society. I've studied many articles since Ms. Palin burst on the scene and offered critiques of those who suggest she can't raise a family of 5 doing what she is doing. Mr. Palin appears to be not only a "man's man," but a hell of a good co-parent, and what gets forgotten is there are two parents not just one. Will he be the first Mr. Mom in the White House? Will he be the first "First Man" in the White House? It is going to be an interesting election down there. It has certainly made me look harder at the Republicans who I thought were dead in the water.

No comments: