I have met and heard the tragic stories of many parents. PA is a function, by and large, of a custodial ex-partner, although some alienation can start while the couple is still together.

This blog is a story of experiences and observations of dysfunctional Family Law (FLAW), an arena pitting parent against parent, with children as the prize. Due to the gender bias in Family Law, that I have observed, this Blog has evolved from a focus solely on PA to one of the broader Family/Children's Rights area and the impact of Feminist mythology on Canadian Jurisprudence and the Divorce Industry.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Edmonton Sun ~ When Dad is Just Bad column by Mindelle Jacobs

Slightly revised from original for posting on this blog.
From: Mike Murphy [mailto:m.j.murphy@nospamgmail.comSent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:44 AM To: editor@edmsun.nospamcommailbag@nospamedmsun.com
Subject: When Dad is just Bad

Dear Editor:

Ms. Jacobs column  of September 10, 2008 helps perpetuate the myth of the angry, hostile father in a fairly lopsided manner. I understand it is an opinion piece and she is quoting the radical feminist mantra but it is very lopsided journalism.  I am a father's rights activist and I am an abused man who lost custody of the children I raised as a stay-at-home dad because of the misandry that exists in the female support ecosystem. I was, and still am , not a good father, not a great father but a damned wonderful father to my children but I am now a 14% - so called because that is how much I get to see them every month, thanks to the legal system.  I raised them as a stay-at-home dad for 10 years and then lost them to a person who has diagnosed herself with some serious mental health disorders and was convicted of theft, fraud, and forgery against my former employer who  brainwashed them in a process called Parental Alienation (PA) and emotionally and physically kidnapped them. Now you can call me a disinterested dad, as well, given that is all that I see them and statistically you would be correct. But you would be very, very wrong and biased to say such a thing. 

Do you read about the gang violence in some of our larger cities, where guns are the rule and killings a matter of just doing business. It has been said that one of the reasons for this is "absentee" fathers.  That may have "some" credence but when fathers are removed from their children's lives, as they are in this country, by a branch of the same Superior Court who prosecute the above killers, at least in many Ontario jurisdictions,  you have to ask yourself - is there something wrong with the legal system in our country. I can clearly attest there is. Big time! Canada has one of the largest removal rates of fathers than any other country on this planet.    The person who now has custody has boobs and that is all that is needed to  qualify you as a custodial parent in the Canadian family court system. 85% of custody goes to females, 10% is joint but the female has custody and 5% are men. We are clearly not all that bad. We have a radical feminist, wrongheaded justice system - no sorry there is no justice - let me rephrase that - legal system that needs changing to a presumptive joint shared and equal custody  arrangement.

Think about it. Less litigation over custody, better adjusted children, less divorce, less money going to lawyers. Currently women have an incentive to be litigious because they know they can get custody, and get the man to pay for life for child support and alimony. Take away the motivation and they may try harder at cooperation, barring legitimate abuse.  If either party in the process is proven to be abusive then they work that out themselves in the court system but where it does not exist - the vast majority by the way - it is equal from the starting gate.  Write about that Ms. Jacobs and give our views some exposure. I am prepared to stand up and be counted and identified.

I won't go into great detail on my personal situation but if you want background check out the prologue to my book here on this very large blog chronicling my journey through this systemically biased and dysfunctional system.  http://parentalalienationcanada.blogspot.com/.

I am a proud Father's Rights activist , and a member of Fathers-4-Justice Canada prepared to go to jail and a starvation diet while there to protest this unbalanced, discriminatory, unethical - some say corrupt - legal system that only helps lawyers get richer at the expense of my children's financial legacy. My two girls deserve better, they deserve to have both parents in their lives as was intended when they were created by two lovers. 

I would like to see Ms. Jacobs produce something a little more balanced than the piece of September 10, 2008 that some describe as propagandist pap. I won't go that far. She is a columnist and entitled to her opinion - as I am. But given her reach in your newspaper and on the Sun Media website  it behooves her to do more research. Shame on the editors for not telling her to find that balance. She can interview me anytime she likes or have her visit my site above.

 

Michael J. Murphy, 
Activist, Proud Father of 4 wonderful daughters. a 14%

No comments: