I have met and heard the tragic stories of many parents. PA is a function, by and large, of a custodial ex-partner, although some alienation can start while the couple is still together.

This blog is a story of experiences and observations of dysfunctional Family Law (FLAW), an arena pitting parent against parent, with children as the prize. Due to the gender bias in Family Law, that I have observed, this Blog has evolved from a focus solely on PA to one of the broader Family/Children's Rights area and the impact of Feminist mythology on Canadian Jurisprudence and the Divorce Industry.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Australia mom kidnaps Son and is in hiding ~ Dad is very concerned

The Daily Telegraph - Home

International hunt after mum snatches Andrew, 4

Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By Michelle Cazzulino

December 13, 2008 12:00am

SITTING in his only child's colourful bedroom, NSW Fire Brigade Deputy Commissioner Ken Thompson yesterday issued an international plea for information leading to his son's safe return.

Australian authorities say Andrew, 4, was abducted by his mother, Mr Thompson's estranged wife Melinda, on April 24 this year.

The pair flew from Sydney to Singapore and then on to the German city of Frankfurt, where they disappeared.

In a rare move, the family court this week issued a publication order after Australian and German police exhausted their efforts to find Mrs Thompson, who may be travelling under her maiden name of Stratton.

The document warns anyone recognising her or her son not to approach them as 46-year-old Mrs Thompson may pose a danger to herself and her young son. They have been asked instead to contact police.

A devastated Mr Thompson yesterday told The Daily Telegraph he had been left reeling by the breakdown of his six-year marriage last Christmas and his wife's subsequent decision to snatch their son.

Before their disappearance, a psychiatric report found she was suffering from a mental condition that affected her judgment and her ability to parent effectively.

But at this point, Mr Thompson said finding Andrew was his only priority.

"He's been ripped away from everything he knows," he said.

"He's probably blissfully unaware of what's going on because he's only four but the emotional damage that's being done to this child is absolutely shocking."

While members of Mrs Thompson's family knew she planned to leave Australia, they don't know where she is now.

Both she and Andrew are Australian citizens, although Mrs Thompson, who holds an MBA, is fluent in French and German.

Mr Thompson said Interpol had issued alerts in 187 countries and a huge international media campaign would be launched, with posters featuring Andrew's image to appear on buses across the UK.

He said he was worried about his wife's mental stability, which could have deteriorated in the period since her disappearance.

Help me find my son
NSW Fire Brigade Deputy Commissioner Ken Thompson has issued an international plea for information leading to his son's safe return. Video: Watch this father's heartfelt plea How you can help Mr Thompson find Andrew l

3 comments:

Ken Thompson said...

Many thanks for posting information about my son's terrible situation on your site.

Ken Thompson
Sydney, Australia

Michael J. Murphy said...

Ken:

I just heard about it today and my heart goes out to you. I know the grief you feel as I lost both my youngest girls for 7 months. It was the worst time of my life bar none.

I get a fair bit of traffic from Europe, the USA and down under so it will help spread the message.

Put me on your list for updates or through F4J global and I will post it. If you don't have a contact through F4J global let me know and I'll distribute it myself through our list.

ken thompson said...

Hi Michael.

I'm just checking to see that I sent you the email material. If not, please contact me at kenthompson@fastmail.fm and I'll send it straight to you.

Regards.