I have met and heard the tragic stories of many parents. PA is a function, by and large, of a custodial ex-partner, although some alienation can start while the couple is still together.

This blog is a story of experiences and observations of dysfunctional Family Law (FLAW), an arena pitting parent against parent, with children as the prize. Due to the gender bias in Family Law, that I have observed, this Blog has evolved from a focus solely on PA to one of the broader Family/Children's Rights area and the impact of Feminist mythology on Canadian Jurisprudence and the Divorce Industry.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From a Dad to his loved but missing daughter

Happy Birthday to my Darling Daughter
Lost to me 'courtesy' of lies, deceit, bias,
court and legal corruption
and...... Canadian "family law"
Dad and Daughter. Visiting hours. Mowbray Maternity Hospital
Cape Town May 1986
By Jeremy Swanson
It was 23 years ago on May 12th when I held my first born daughter in this picture. She was only 3 days old and about to come home for the first time. She was as light as a leaf and I thought she might blow away she was so light and so small. I was so proud and so nervous. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and I loved her from the minute I saw her-and maybe-surely-even before that!
I will always love her-even while I have not seen her for many years. The last time was 11.30 am July 1st 2003 up at Parliament Hill. Before that it had been May 12th of that same year over dinner when she took the opportunity to tell me I was a liar and delivered a plethora of other insults. I never even saw her on that all important 21st birthday-so important to South African Dads. I will not walk her down the aisle on her wedding day.
I don't blame her of course as just like so many others the criminals who administer family law have alienated her from me and the courts as per usual with Dads, took her and her brother and sister away at the stroke of a pen in response to lies and perjury bias and discriminatory law and the inevitable mighty dollar.
One day I was a 24 hour parent and the next, to my disbelief, at the bang of the judge's gavel I was suddenly a few hours every Sunday, then a twice a month, and even later a once every three week 'visitor'. Then came the time when even that could no longer happen either. From productive citizen I became a court-hounded. manipulated, poverty stricken semi-fugitive, part of a "case load" living in a world of pain which never goes away. Then one day they were all lost for good.
For life. In any event my "first born" my "little one" lives on in my memory and I keep this picture to remind me that I was once a proud loving caring Dad who simply lived and loved and tried to be the best Dad I could be. I did the best I could to be a guiding, protecting loving parent. I really tried and I did fight for them. At least I can recall and be comforted in the knowledge that I was that Dad for 15 years of her life. I thought I did rather well considering the circumstances.
I keep those memories alive in my mind. Its all I have. This Dad still loves his baby girl forever. I could relate so much more but I simply am not able to speak of it too much. Maybe next year.

No comments: